Java Champion Monica Beckwith is considered a subject matter expert, has several published articles and gets regular invitations to give talks on JVM/JIT Compilation/Garbage Collection (GC). She is also a JavaOne Rock Star.
Monica has made various performance contributions to the Java HotSpot VM by identifying the need for a NUMA-aware allocator and allocation patterns, reduction of redundant instructions, reduction of the Java object header, prefetching patterns, redundant array checks in a loop and various other optimizations for the JIT compiler, the generated code, the JVM heuristics and garbage collection and collectors.
Prior to joining Microsoft, Monica was the JVM Performance Architect at Arm. Her past also includes leading Oracle’s Garbage First Garbage Collector performance team.
All talks by Monica Beckwith from previous conferences
- The Performance Engineer’s Guide to OpenJDK HotSpot Garbage Collection: The Facts, The Algorithms & Tuning
- OpenJDK: in the new Age of concurrent Garbage Collectors
- The Performance Engineer’s Guide To HotSpot JIT Compilation & Runtime
- Have You Really Taken the Time to Know Me?: A G1 GC Saga
- G1GC: The Dark Horse
- Java 9: Beyond Contention!