More talks in the program:
Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) are development practices of applying small code changes frequently. It’s well known that it becomes more and more essential to any agile-based organization. This workshop will help you understand CI/CD’s concepts, mindset, and how to implement practices that help form DevOps culture to implement CI/CD for software development.
Content & Process
You will learn more about the following topics:
• What is CI/CD and what are the concepts in order to run a proper, reliable, and robust CI/CD?
• Git: Main concepts and the most common commands from the command line
• GitHub: Opening an account and becoming familiar with the idea behind GitHub and GitHub workflows
• Jenkins: Installation and basic administration of a Jenkins server and jobs
• Jenkins Pipelines: Getting to know the basic syntax and how to develop pipelines
Finally – we will connect everything together with a "Hello-world" application that runs on your laptops.
- Introduction to CI & CD
- Introduction to Git / GitHub
- Introduction to Build & Jenkins
- Jenkins cont. + setting up the first CD on your laptop
Audience & Requirements
You must have the following installed:
- Git SCM
- JAVA 8 or higher (JDK – not just JRE)
- Nice to have: Tomcat installed on your laptop