More talks in the program:
An API gateway is at the core of how APIs are managed, secured, and presented within any web-based system. Although the technology has been in use for many years, it has not always kept pace with recent developments within the cloud native space, and many engineers are confused about how a cloud native API gateway relates to Kubernetes Ingress or a Service load balancer.Join this session to learn about:
– The evolution of API gateways over the past ten years, and how the original problems they were solving have shifted in relation to cloud native technologies and workflow.
– Current challenges of using an API gateway within Kubernetes: scaling the developer workflow; and supporting multiple architecture styles and protocols.
– Strategies for exposing Kubernetes services and APIs at the edge of your system.
– A brief guide to the (potential) future of cloud native API gateways.
More Sessions on the Tracks
Cloud, Kubernetes, Serverless
- What we Learned Moving Hundreds of Services into the Cloud – A Java/Kubernetes/Cassandra/DynamoDB Best Practices Story
- Service Mesh Workshop: Create, Manage and Test a Java Service Mesh with Istio
- Developer Experience Cloud Native – From Code Gen to Git Commit without a CI/CD Pipeline (nearly slideless)
- read more